A tough subject for me because I don’t use a Box Mod. Hell, I don’t think I would be allowed in the Mob Box Mods clubhouse Although I have been vaping for over seven years. With my bad luck a few years ago, I was left with tons of pen mods and have never felt like I needed to go out and buy any mods.
Therefore I had to do a ton of research and watched a dozen youtube videos on regulated box mods and unregulated mod box, and I can tell you I would not fit in with anyone in the videos. It made me wonder if I will be apart of in the vaping world. See I started vaping seven years ago, became disabled six in half years ago and didn’t leave the house much.
I guess seeing people who I know wouldn’t accept me into their inner circle got me second guessing whether I should be doing this website. My mentors will for sure tell me I shouldn’t have written that last sentence but whatever the truth stings sometimes. Besides, I decided to fights on and be me.
Because I will say, I will make this website different reflecting me, the vaping me and it will be different. All those sites I research and youtube videos I viewed could have been one guy; they all looked and sounded alike. This site will always be different because I know I will say the wrong thing periodically, therefore I will keep you on your toes. The medical world agrees I am crazy. HAHA!
Regulated vs. Unregulated
Regulated Box Mod
- A regulated mod is a device that contains a circuit board, and this circuit board adjusts the wattage.
- Regulated devices that have a variable voltage or wattage setting will be known as a regulated device
- .A regulated device can be set to an exact voltage, wattage, or sometimes temperatures.
- The voltage applied is controlled to what you set it to regardless of the charge state of the battery. The energy provided is the same, whether your battery is half charged or fully charged. You are allowing consistency with every hit.
- Regulated box mods provide vapes with a consistent vape until the battery reaches the point where it must be a charge
- When you set the wattage on a regulated device, you will get the same wattage every time you vape — giving you consistency and more extended periods between chargings.
Examples of regulated box mods
- AEGIS MINI 80W TC MOD
- VOODOO MOJO 88W UFORCE SUB-OHM TANK KIT
- IJOY SHOGUN UNIV 180W BOX MOD KIT
- GEEKVAPE AEGIS LEGEND 200W
- TESLA STEAMPUNK NANO 120W MOD
- Unregulated sometimes referred to like mechanical mods due to the in mod mechanics.
- The number one draw to an unregulated box mod is the power.
- A downfall to more power is shorter battery life.
- Unregulated devices do not have a circuit board for regulating current to the coil. Therefore it has a single touch point to its power source.
- Some unregulated, dual-parallel box mods require a protection feature called MOSFET.
- The output voltage of unregulated box mods varies depending on multiple factors — the size of the battery, charge state of the cell, and the resistance of the coil.
- These devices require use with a “high drain” battery.
- Using an unregulated device allows you to power very low resistance coils and receive massive power out of the loop.
- Unregulated devices are incredibly simple, if you understand the way they work, there is very little that can go wrong with them, and if something does go wrong, you or a local shop can generally fix it.
- It does not give you a consistent vape for the life of the battery.
- Since there is no circuitry in an unregulated box mod, the battery will continue to fire until it is completely dead. Note to self Don’t Do It!
Examples of unregulated box mods:
- Tugboat Mod by Flawless
- SMPL Mod by Epic Designs Studios
- Dos Equis Box Mod by Mohawk Mods
- Dimitri by Vaping Kiko
- Tuglyfe Unregulated Box Bod by Flawless
- Limitless Mod by Limitless Mod Company
Vape the World
Why Vape the World? Its kinda the term I relate to the Advanced Vaporer, and they swear bye there “More Power” unregulated box mods. And I say Vape on Fella’s and Gal’s, but I am a man on a budget, and I can’t spend hundreds of dollars on those expensive box mods.
That’s cool because I am sure many people love to vape but have to keep our passions at a moderate level.
Just so happens that I have found many cheap box mods out there online and will go into them in more detail in a future post. I am putting something together with great pictures and everything. One thing I can promise you is that I will continuously be searching the web to find the best deals.
This site will be all about saving the dollar bills!
Its all about you
Whether it is a cheap vapor starter kit or any pen vapor kit for that matter or a regulated mod like a SMOK box mod or the VOODOO MOJO 88W UFORCE or even an unregulated box mod it is all about you and your taste, style, comfort! Whatever you are comfortable with and whatever you fall in love with know its all good!
Fitting in with the vape the world crew can be confusing, so if you don’t fit in like me, don’t sweat it because we are all beginners at something at some time. Don’t worry about it because there are more of us who don’t fit in with the vape the world crews.
So we covered a lot but its short big time from all the information out there. The are tons of youtube videos on regulated vs. unregulated Thank me for not giving you all that was in these videos, trust me, your eyes would roll into the back of your head. It is just they all spoke fast, and with throwing out mechanical statistics, it was tough, but they were very knowable about vaping.
Take care, and have many great days!